'rita' wig light
Rolf Sachs was born in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1955. Since 1994 he has been operating a highly creative, multidisciplinary studio in London. Sachs has a deep interest in the challenge of exploring and finding new aspects in both art and design. The work seen here, “rita wig light” from 2004 is a fascinating sculptural light object. As the title suggests, the red wig alludes to the actress Rita Hayworth whose signature look was her flaming red hair. The work represents Sachs’ fascination with taking everyday objects out of their familiar context and re-constructing them in a new, unconventional and intriguing way. The sculpture that can either function as a lamp or as an aesthetic art object, is both attractive and unnerving. Its strange and surreal character allows the viewer to actively engage with the work and its exciting effectiveness.Rolf Sachs
- 'rita' wig light
- approx. 56 ø 20 cm (convert to inch)
- object – Borosilicate glas, hair, electrics
- 7 (What is this?)
- More pieces available- production lead time approx. 10-12 weeks
- approx. € 8.823,53excl. tax
€ 10.500,00* inc. tax
Subject to the availability of the artwork
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.