The Floating Piers (Project for Lake Iseo, Italy) Sulzano, 2017
Christo and Jeanne-Claude met in Paris in the late fifties. During their 50 years together – Jeanne Claude passed away in 2009 – the artist couple wrapped trees, bridges and public buildings. One of their first famous projects is their participation at the Documenta 4 in 1968. Here, they installed the “200 000 Cubic Feet Package”, an 85 meter high column of air. Three years later they worked on their “Valley Curtain” a 400-feet-long curtain through a Rocky Mountain Valley. In 1983 they succeeded to create one of their most spectacular projects, the “Surrounded Islands”. With the help of more than 400 helpers they surrounded eleven islands offshore Miami Beach with swimming, pink plastic foil. The artist couple veiled the Reichstag in Berlin in 1995.
- The Floating Piers (Project for Lake Iseo, Italy) Sulzano, 2017
- approx. 56.5 x 36 x 3.5 cm (convert to inch)
- drawing – Pencil, charcoal, enamel paint
- 20 (What is this?)
- approx. € 24.000,00excl. tax
€ 28.560,00* inc. tax
Subject to the availability of the artwork
ADD TO BASKET
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.