Rolf Sachs was born in Lausanne, Switzerland in 1955. Since 1994 he has been operating a highly creative, multidisciplinary studio in London. Sachs has a deep interest in the challenge of exploring and finding new aspects in both art and design. The small objet d’art “featherweight” is a beautiful object constructed from a 1kg brass weight and a delicate bird’s feather. As with most of his works, Sachs takes two known objects and unites them in a unique way to formulate an entirely new visual expression. The title’s double meaning plays with the characteristics of the two pieces that contrast so starkly in weight and tactility. The way they have been juxtaposed, gives them the appearance of an ink well. Like the great German artist Joseph Beuys, Sachs’ works have an air of alchemy- in almost magical ways beautiful objects are fused together, broken apart, mixed and matched to create a new, unique and captivating ‘something’ with an individual and mysterious aesthetic twist.
- approx. 8 ø 4.5 cm (convert to inch)
- object – 1 Kg brass weight, feather
- Open (What is this?)
- More pieces available- production lead time: approx. 2-3 weeks
Size and color of feathers varies
- approx. € 1.260,50excl. tax
€ 1.500,00* inc. tax
ADD TO BASKET
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.