Beautiful Exploding Spinning Spiral Painting
Born in 1965, the artist first studied at the Goldsmiths College London, before he attracted attention as a part of the “Freeze” exhibition in 1988. In 1992 he showed his tiger shark at the Young-British-Artists exhibition and won the Turner Prize in 1995. The technique for the “Spin Paintings” was actually developed in the 1960s as an attraction at fun fairs, and was especially popular with children. With the help of a rotating device paint is applied on canvas or cardboard, coincidence is part of the artistic process. He leaves the responsibility for the artwork with the machine, only to take it back afterwards. With his signature he makes these works unmistakable.
- Beautiful Exploding Spinning Spiral Painting
- approx. 17.8 x 12.8 cm (convert to inch)
- painting – Acrylic Paint on cardboard
- UNIQUE (What is this?)
- Signed on the back with pencil
unframed, we are happy to organize framing on request
- approx. € 4.579,83excl. tax
€ 5.450,00* inc. tax
Subject to the availability of the artwork
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.