Beautiful Exploding Spinning Spiral Painting
Damien Hirst, enfant terrible of the British art scene and renowned for his characteristic irony, plays in this painting with an old gadget of the entertainment industry - but in a way that is not typical for postmodernism as it is anachronistic in having its origin in popular fairs of the 1960s. Then it was a mostly childish pleasure to apply colour onto automatically rotating canvases. The absolutely not reproducible result depended on the torsional moment and the caprice of the instant with all involved factors. Hirst (born in 1965 in Bristol) inverts with this homage to coincidence and the merely mechanical creativity of machines any rising genius cult. By signing of a work that is influenced by his authorship in an apparently very indirect way Hirst elevates himself above the inflationary art market and in the same instant immerges in it as a conniver.
- Beautiful Exploding Spinning Spiral Painting
- approx. 17.8 x 12.8 cm (convert to inch)
- painting – Acrylic Paint on cardboard
- UNIQUE (What is this?)
- Signed on the back with pencil
unframed, we are happy to organize framing on request
- approx. € 2.941,18excl. tax
€ 3.500,00* inc. tax
ADD TO BASKET
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.