Hypocrite, Black Book
Communication is the central theme in Christopher Wool’s work. The American artist is not concerned with the result of an artwork. Instead, his interest lies purely in making the process of creation as interesting and differentiated as possible. Using diverse methods, he constructs and deconstructs his work in order to reach the true core of the painting. He might spray paint onto a canvas, only to wipe it off shortly after. Often he will photograph his paintings, reproduce them on other canvases and then covert hem with found images or censor certain areas by using black dots and bars. The work shown here is equally strategically experimental. The shades of grey appear like a detail of a highly pixelated image. The image is absolutely abstract, with no concrete subject and thus operates as a purely aesthetic piece.
- Hypocrite, Black Book
- approx. 58.42 x 40.64 cm (convert to inch)
- print – Prints and multiples, complete book is a hardcover book, printed on smooth wove paper with title page and justification, unpaginated, bound (as issued) with original black paper covers
- 350 + 8 AP (What is this?)
- book is signed and numbered on the justification
print comes with an Certificate of Authenticity
Published by Gisela Capitain, Cologne and Thea Westreich, New York
- approx. € 2.689,08excl. tax
€ 3.200,00* inc. tax
Subject to the availability of the artwork
ADD TO BASKET
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.