Beautiful Exploding Spinning Spiral Painting
Damien Hirst was born in Bristol in 1965. He studied at Goldsmiths College in London and first came to public attention in 1988 when he conceived and curated "Freeze," an exhibition of his work and that of his friends and fellow students at Goldsmiths. He was included in the 1992 Young British Artists exhibition at Saatchi Gallery, London, and in 1995 he won the Turner Prize. In his "spin paintings" Damien Hirst uses a technique of image-production, that was first developed in the 1960s as an attraction forfestivals and fairs. In thist process, color is applied onto a screen or a piece of cardboard that rotates continuously in a specially designed machine. By using this technique, formerly especially among children, Damien Hirst declares the coincidence as part of his artistic genius. The artist leaves the authorship completely to the machine at first just to get it back later by signing the ready piece.
- Beautiful Exploding Spinning Spiral Painting
- approx. 17.8 x 12.8 cm (convert to inch)
- painting – Acrylic Paint on cardboard
- UNIQUE (What is this?)
- Signed on the back with pencil
unframed, we are happy to organize framing on request
- approx. € 4.579,83excl. tax
€ 5.450,00* inc. tax
Subject to the availability of the artwork
ADD TO BASKET
* due shipping costs are not included in the above price, if you don't use your own shipping , we are happy to quote and organize it for you.
Delivery time: up to 14 days.